The primary role of the Periodontic Dental Assistant is to support the success
of the clinicians through effective delivery of the Perfect Patient Experience.
Periodontic Dental Assistants perform a variety of patient care, office, and
- Periodontic Dental Assistants obtain dental history and/or records from
patients, prepare patients for treatment and assist the Periodontists with their
- Periodontic Dental Assistants must work effectively with co-
workers including General Practice Dental Assistants, patients, and others by
sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner.
- Maintain a clean, sterile and cheerful environment where our patients feel
comfortable; prepare them for treatment and assist your specialist - thereby
enabling them to provide efficient, quality dental treatment.
- Work with the front office and back office teams to ensure the specialist's
schedule runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Actively participate in the Perfect Patient Experience (PPE) ® by attending to
the patient's individual concerns within the scope of the Periodontic Assistants
license, and promoting the good qualities of your specialist.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Specified training courses as mandated by state for certification, licensure,
or registration requirements.
- Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: As mandated by applicable state (e.g.,
CPR, coronal polish, x-ray exposure etc.)
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.