Registered Dental Hygienist
Hempstead, New York, US
Our Island Park, NY is seeking a qualified and motivated Full Time Dental Hygienist who is ready to help change the lives of patients, be a part of a team and grow personally and professionally within our Great Expressions family! GEDC is a leader in providing premier preventative dental care, orthodontics and specialty care.
We are looking for a team oriented individual who is outgoing with impressive communication skills, organized, professional, service minded and willing to go above and beyond the basic responsibilities of the job. As a Dental Hygienist, you will be our dental health educators for our patients, you will be utilizing your knowledge and skills to diagnose and treat diseases and/or abnormalities, you will work with both the dentist and patient to resolve any active diseases including caries or periodontal disease and much more.
Great Expressions has a passionate focus on all aspects of the patient journey and delivering a positive experience; we also are motivated to deliver a positive experience and growth opportunities for our Dental Hygienists since YOU are the reason for our patients experiences.
When you join our team, you benefit in many ways:
* Exciting Team Environment
* Competitive Pay and Bonus Potential
* Healthcare Benefits
* Medical, Vision and Dental coverage offered
* Accident Coverage
* Hospital Indemnity Coverage
* Paid Holidays and Vacation Time (8 paid holidays plus 1-2 week(s) vacation time)
* Company Paid Uniforms
* 401k, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability plans
* ID theft protection
* Opportunity for Career Advancement/Recognition and Growth with a Rapidly Growing Company
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Power of One Rewards
* Convenient New Hire Orientation for all team members
* Pet Insurance
If you are ready to begin a new phase in your career, then now is the time to join our rapidly growing team; we are excited to hear from you!
Depending on the state regulations, a Dental Hygienist:
* Performs oral healthcare and risk assessments which include but not limited to:
* Evaluates a patient's current health status including all medications
* Performs an extraoral and intraoral examination and oral cancer screening
* Completes a comprehensive dental and periodontal charting that includes a detailed description and evaluation of the gingiva and periodontium
* Develops a dental hygiene diagnosis based on the oral health findings
* Exposes, processes, and interprets dental radiographs (x-rays)
* Removes biofilm plaque and calculus (soft and hard deposits) from teeth both coronal and apical to (above and below) the gingival margin (gumline) using dental instruments
* Applies caries-preventive agents such as fluorides and sealants to the teeth
* Discusses the progress being made toward isolating evidence that notes the potential association between systemic and oral health and disease
* Provides patient education on biofilm plaque control and home care protocol by incorporating techniques and products that will become part of an individualized self- care oral hygiene program
* Counsels and coordinates tobacco cessation programs
* Educates patients on the importance of good nutrition for maintaining optimal oral health
* Ensures that the patient knows why they need continuing care and that they have a follow up appointment that is set by the office
* Completion of accredited Dental Hygiene program
* National and/or Active State RDH license
* Maintain a current license to practice including certifications as appropriate
* Passion for patient education
Please take just a few minutes to apply via this ad and create an account; any further positions you apply for, all of your contact information will already be saved!
Application Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Classified Ad Disclaimer
Considering the real-time nature and volume of traffic on this website, Orthotown.com
cannot review ads or confirm the validity of information posted. Buyer Beware and
due diligence is recommended before purchases are made from any Classified ad. Please
who feels that any posted ad is objectionable is encouraged to contact Orthotown.com
immediately by email.
Parties posting ads are responsible for the accuracy and content of their ads. Posting
false or misleading information will result in removal of your privilege to post
classified ads. Orthotown.com reserves the right to remove any ad(s)
that are considered spam – ads that are promotional in nature versus postings
that adhere to the category listings. Orthotown.com reserves the right to reveal
your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a formal subpoena
arising from any fraudulent act committed by the user with regard to a classified ad.
Orthotown.com prefers PayPal as your way to send secure payments for merchandise posted
for sale within our classified ad section. Buyers can use their bank account or
credit card to instantly send a seller payment. You can register for a PayPal account