In this episode, Dustin talks with James White about his book, Anti-Racist Leadership: How to Transform Corporate Culture in a Race-Conscious World.
You'll discover how building anti-racist leadership is more than just “the right thing to do” – it contributes positively to successful operations and a strong bottom line. James and I discuss why "cultural fit" is often misunderstood and misused to allow perpetuation of an elite, privileged in-group and leave out minorities who may be equally qualified. James shares why DEI is not a zero-sum game and why the very nature of how we run our companies, and of capitalism itself, is changing, offering listeners a rare look into how to meet this demand for change successfully.
James White asks all of the hard questions – and at the same time, delivers answers. Listeners will appreciate practical solutions to achieving their diversity and inclusion goals in one of the best leadership books I’ve ever read.
This episode is brought to you by SmileStream Solutions. At Smile Stream, we charge you what others should, not what we can, so you can enjoy high quality and low cost. We think they were meant for each other. Visit SmileStreamSolutions.com
Resources Mentioned in the Episode with James White:
- Dieter Holger, "The Business Case for More Diversity," The Wall Street Journal, October 26, 2019.
- Rocío Lorenzo et al., "How Diverse Leadership Teams Boost Innovation," Boston Consulting Group, January 23, 2018.
- Caste: The Origins of our Discontents by Isabelle Wilkerson
- Bernard Tyson and Kaiser Permanente
- Bracken Darrell, CEO of Logitech
- Target stores investment in Black-owned businesses
- Leslie Stretch, CEO of Medallia