Listen on iTunes
Watch Video here
VIDEO - DUwHF #402 - John Schwartz
Stream Audio here
AUDIO - DUwHF #402 - John Schwartz
Dr. John Schwartz, CEO of Centric Notes:
Out of 120,000 dentists in the United States, Dr. John Schwartz is one of only four dentists that have also earned the title of Master Ceramist. A master ceramist is one who can construct the highest quality dental restorations. A master ceramist is a very skilled artisan that has many years of training in the art and science of cosmetic dentistry, including ceramic and dental porcelain sculpting and construction of restorations. Extensive training and study are only part of the chemistry that makes one a master ceramist. Not every ceramist possesses the skill set and talent to become a Master. A master ceramist possesses the ability to create restorations that are indistinguishable from nature.
C Notes is an iPad application that is used for medical note generation. It creates a narrative note that doesn't sacrifice clarity for convenience or speed. C Notes (short for Centric Notes) can be used during a procedure by either the dentist or the assistant to get the most accurate information in real-time, or shortly after a procedure while the details are still fresh. Ideally, note writing of any kind should generate a note as close to the time of performing the actual procedure that it is describing. C Notes is targeted to any practitioner that wants to save time writing notes, thereby, enabling them to spend more time in clinic without sacrificing clarity or completeness in their notes. Covering 11 dental departments a C Note can be written for any treatment procedure in dentistry. C Notes solves the problem of producing medical notes quickly without the use of templates for note writing, dictation software, or unwieldy medical software. All of which require a lot of manual text entry upon editing. Once a C Note is created it can be imported into your preferred dental software system with secure encryption or be printed to be placed in a paper chart.
C Notes was created to ameliorate the pain of note writing.
Most medical notes have a lot of the same boilerplate information with minor variations. We sought to capture the 60% of dental notes that contain a lot of the same information with minor variations. At the same time we created a method by which the remaining 40% of optional/additional, truly unique, entry components for the complex parts of the note could quickly be entered also. Thus, allowing the practitioner to write complete detailed notes efficiently. For a single dentist practice (90% of US practices are solo practitioner) the struggle is to be able to maximize the number of patients that can be seen in a day. Waiting until the end of the day to write notes can lead to errors in memory and errors/omssions due to end of day mental fatigue.
Detailed clinical notes are a necessity writing notes is not a billable part of the job, but is nonetheless important to document what was done in a procedure for future visits or in the event of a malpractice lawsuit. We hope C Notes gives the practitioner peace of mind knowing that their notes are well documented and saves hours a week that can better be spent seeing more patients, building their practice, taking CE courses and reclaiming personal time/spending time with family. Welcome to C Notes.