Listen on iTunes
Watch Video here
VIDEO - DUwHF #554 - Elizabeth Curran
Stream Audio here
AUDIO - DUwHF #554 - Elizabeth Curran
Elizabeth is a formally educated dental technician, and holds a teaching credential in Heath Science and Related Technologies from the State of California. Elizabeth will be celebrating 42 years as a dental technician on Sept. 15.
She is a Board Certified Dental Laboratory Technician, Ceramic Specialty from the US National Board of Certification in Dental Laboratory Technology and a Registered Dental Technician Qualification with the UK General Dental Council and is a member of the ACP Technician Alliance.
During the course of her tenure Elizabeth has helped expand and identify the scope of dental technicians in the dental profession. Examples of her involvement include:
- National Association of Dental Laboratories: Development of a National Skill Standard
- FEPPD (European Federation of Dental Laboratories) Dosum Project facilitated the development of a mechanism to coordinate and map education standards and curriculum between EU dental technology education programs of the 19 member states
- Trustee Commission on Dental Accreditation
- Former Board Member NADL and NBC
- Founding Chair Foundation Dental LaboratoryTechnology
- Initiated the coordination of dental technicians who participated on the ANSI/ISO Dental Committee for multiple countries
- Lead dental volunteer in the development of these free clinics: St.Vincent De Paul Watkins Dental Clinic AZ, Catholic Charities SOS Dental Clinic SoCAL, St. Anthony Greek Orthodox Cloistered Monastery Dental Clinic AZ.