Listen on iTunes
Watch Video here
VIDEO - DUwHF #629 - Jeff Genecov
Stream Audio here
AUDIO - DUwHF #629 - Jeff Genecov
Dr Genecov has been practicing in the orthodontic field for many years, and the enjoyment and thrill of achieving excellent results are always very exciting to him. He feels very fortunate to be able to help the people in his community gain confidence and self-esteem, as well as a smile they can be proud to show off.
His commitment to patients goes beyond his dental education. It extends to everything that makes his patients’ experiences comfortable and their results remarkable. He obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Austin and continued on to Baylor College of Dentistry, where he earned my Doctorate of Dental Surgery and his master’s degree in orthodontics. He considers education a priority and now helps to teach the next generation of orthodontists and dentists as a clinical assistant professor in the graduate department of Orthodontics at Texas A&M University College of Dentistry.
He is involved with several orthodontic study groups that help him stay up to date with the newest technological advances in the field. He is also a member of many professional associations that keep him involved with the greater orthodontic and dental communities
- Texas Association of Orthodontists, past president
- Greater Dallas Association of Orthodontists, past president
- International Craniofacial Institute, orthodontic director
- Alpha Omega Dental Fraternity, Dallas Chapter, past president
- Southwestern Society of Orthodontists, board of directors, VP, Currently President -Elect
- American Board of Orthodontics, Diplomate
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- Dallas County Dental Society
- American College of Dentists, fellow
- International College of Dentists, fellow
- American Association of Orthodontics, Alternate Delegate
- Texas Orthodontic Study Club
- North Texas Smile for a Lifetime Foundation, founder and past president
Dr Genecov has been chosen by his peers as one of D Magazine’s “Best in Dallas” and as a Texas Monthly “Super Dentist,” which were both incredible honors. As orthodontic director at the International Craniofacial Institute, he is one of the few orthodontists in the Dallas - Ft. Worth Metroplex who has extensive experience in treating patients with cleft lip and palate and craniofacial anomalies.
He was a volunteer faculty member at Southwestern Medical School for Children with Cleft Lip and Palate and Facial Deformities as well as for the Cardiovascular and Bone Regeneration Research at the Children’s Medical Center, and has lectured internationally on Orthodontic Treatment for patients with Cleft Lip and Palate.
Dr Genecov has also started and sponsored a North Texas Chapter of Smile for a Lifetime, a 501(c)3 non profit, in which Genecov Orthodontics provides orthodontic scholarships (pro bono treatment) to 6 needy children a year. The program is in its 4th year of existence in his office.
He is an active triathlete, an Ironman, enjoys sports, hunting, fishing, reading, and music. He and his wife Lisa reside in Dallas with their children, Adam and Becca.